“Restructuring of the Global Economy”
University of Cambridge
Murray Edwards College,
Cambridge CB3 0DF
23rd to 24th June 2014
“Restructuring of the Global Economy”
Ever since the publication of the BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China) report by Goldman Sachs in 2001, the debate about the role of emerging countries vs. the developed countries in shaping global business has gathered momentum. A revised version of the same report entitled “BRICs and Beyond” by the same authors, with upward revision of certain growth projections, has added further fuel to the debate so much so that by now, most countries have accepted that the world economy is in transition. In other words, the countries as above joined by others such as South Korea, Mexico and to some extent the major Arab countries and Iran and Indonesia will exert a much greater influence in world affairs aided by their increasing economic power. The developed countries, led obviously by the major economies of USA, Japan, Germany, Britain, France and others (the so-called G-7/8 group of nations) have accepted that their dominance in shaping world opinion will be shelved as the growth gradient of the emerging economies becomes increasingly steeper.
It is but natural that such a changing economic scenario calls for fresh thinking towards development of policies examining macroeconomic stability as well as framing of strategies by firms irrespective of their sizes. Multinationals and SMEs, all will be involved in formulating strategies to compete effectively and grow- whether they belong to agriculture, industry or service sectors.
There is intense pressure on both governments and businesses to perform and deliver. In such a scenario, alternative and perhaps controversial-policies and strategies will need to be thought out and placed before the decision making bodies.
Contributions are invited in the areas including but not limited to:
- Strategic management
- Finance and accounting
- Marketing and consumer behavior
- Human resource management
- Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
- Organization behavior
- International management
- Management in Emerging & Frontier Markets
- Operations management
- Technology and Innovations management
- Knowledge Management
- Public and not-for-profit management
- General management
Important information regarding this conference can be found on the following links:
1. 2014 IMRA-ABRM International Conference, Cambridge, UK
3. Cambridge University
4. Registrations (closed)
5. Online Submissions (closed)
6. Request for visa letter (closed)
7. Journal Special issue: “The Journal of Business and Retail Management Research (JBRMR)” ISSN: 1751-8202, indexing with: Cabell Publishing, Inc.Directories of Academic Journals, ProQuest, Ebsco Host, Ulrichs web, EconBiz, RePec, ZBW.
8. Journal: “The Journal of Business and Retail Management Research (JBRMR)”, Cabell Publishing
9. Feedback by past participants
10. Join IMRA LinkedIn group
11. “Like” IMRA on Facebook
12. Follow IMRA on Twitter
13. Watch Photos & Videos of IMRA
14. Contact IMRA
15. Any questions regarding this conference? Kindly check FAQs
About IMRA, London, UK
International Management Research Academy (IMRA) is a global academy dedicated to the continuous and effective development of management theory and practice. IMRA’s mission is to be a collaborative catalyst between academics and practitioners in fostering relationships via creation, assistance and dissemination of cutting-edge management thinking.
IMRA aims to become a collaborative catalyst between academics and practitioners in fostering relationships via creation, assistance and dissemination of cutting-edge management thinking.
Based in London, United Kingdom, IMRA has more than 800 members spread across in more than 50 countries of the world.
Please visit www.imraweb.org for more details.
IMRA accomplishes this by:
1. Organizing conferences and events which bring people from academia, research organizations, government, social sector and private sector, together on a single platform and paving a path for networking and fruitful stakeholder interaction.
2. Publishing cutting edge academic and professional articles via academic journals and magazines in the field of management.
3. Developing an online forum providing an opportunity for members to interact and network and thus build mutually beneficial collaborations.
About ABRM, London, UK
The Academy of Business and Retail Management (ABRM), London, United Kingdom is established with a purpose to inspire, recognize and support excellence in the business and retail management, throughout the United Kingdom and internationally. It takes a lead in facilitating international collaboration, providing an independent and authoritative source of advice, and contributing to academic debate and research.
It endeavours to take a lead in facilitating international collaboration, providing an independent and authoritative source of advice. The Academy supports a range of activities and publication (print and electronic), which aim to stimulate curiosity, to inspire and develop future generations of scholars, and to encourage appreciation of the social, economic and cultural value of these areas of study.
This conference was held in the world’s one of the most reputed universities’ campus, University of Cambridge, England, UK. This is a beautiful campus with traditional British architecture and nature preserved since 12thcentury.
Who can attend the conference
The maximum benefit of attending this international conference shall be to researchers, academics, management consultants, corporate professionals, corporate trainers, government officials, representatives of think tanks, social service organizations, entrepreneurs, doctoral and master’s students.
- Jatin PANCHOLI, Middlesex University, London, United Kingdom
- P. R. Datta, Academy of Business and Retail Management, London, United Kingdom
Committee & Track Chairs
- Paurav Shukla, Glasgow Caledonian University, United Kingdom
- Michael Chattalas, Kean University, United States of America
- Kamila Borseková, Institute of Economic Sciences, Faculty of Economics, Matej Bel University, Banská Bystrica, Slovakia
- Pratik R Banerjee, Managing Editor, Formerly Professor at the Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow, India
- B. R. Chakraborty, Project Director, St. Patricks International College, London-UK
- Mark T Jones, Review Editor, Horn of African Business Association (HABA), London, UK
- Gairik Das, Review Editor, IISWBM, Kolkata, India
- Amit Shah, Frostburg State University, United States of America
- Teemu Kokko, Review Editor, Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences, Finland
- Greg Ashley, Bellevue University, United States of America
- Ong Fon Sim, Review Editor, Nottingham University Business School, The University of Nottingham Malaysia
Benefits to the Participants
Learn and acquire cutting edge international knowledge in various disciplines of management from internationally reputed experts.
Recognition of your work on international platform as a participant or paper/poster presenter.
ISBN based Conference Proceedings both in hard copy and online publication.
In the campus of the world’s one of the most reputed universities, University of Cambridge in England, UK.
Potentially identify your future collaborative partner among international, vibrant and scholarly audience.
Conference attendee voting will determine recipients of conference Best Paper awards which will be considered for journal publication.
Len Tiu Wright
University of Huddersfield,
Jatin S Pancholi
Middlesex University, London,
David M J Graves
Founder and CEO of dg Anti-Fraud Consultants Ltd, UK
Mark T Jones
Centre for Innovative Leadership Navigation,
Glasgow Caledonian University, London,
Research Output Submission Categories
(click on + icon below for more details)
These represent the summary up to 12 pages of the research work. Each of the submissions shall go through the process of double blind review. Reviewers will evaluate each work on the basis of: (a) Quality of the research; (b) Contribution and big picture significance of your work to the field of management; and (c) Interest of the topic to the audience (d) Relevance of the submission to the theme and sub-topics of the conference. The Conference Proceedings for this conference will be both in hard copy and online publication. Title: The Business and Management Review (Print) ISSN 2047-2854 (Online) ISSN 2047-2862.
These represent the completed original work by the authors. The full-papers in this category once reviewed, accepted and registered (in-person / in absentia) will be included in the competition for the awards.
These represent findings from a current working paper. Authors display posters of their research, distribute their papers, and are available to discuss and answer questions during the assigned poster session.
These represent fully published textbooks, reference books and any other relevant books authored / co-authored by the participant(s). The book must be published already. The books in progress or books reviewed but not yet published will not be considered. The in-house books for limited audience such shall NOT be accepted in this category.
Play titled “AK 47 Chronciles”
Frank Vandall, Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Guest Editors for the Special Issue of
‘The Journal of Business and Retail Management Research’
by Cabell Publication
P. R. Datta,
Academy of Business and Retail Management,
The Journal of Business and Retail Management Research (JBRMR), ISSN: 1751-8202, Indexing with: Cabell Publishing, Inc. Directories of Academic Journals, ProQuest, Ebsco Host, Ulrichs web, EconBiz, RePec, ZBW
Conference Call for Submissions